History of Gean House
Named after the wild cherry trees in its grounds, Gean House is a peaceful place. With its solid walls and warm panelling, generous fireplaces and tall windows the house embraces its visitors and breathes Edwardian comfort.
Gean House was built in 1912 by local architect William Kerr in the style of Sir Edward Lutyens. Softer and less formal than a grand Victorian mansion, it bears all the distinctive features of Arts & Crafts design. It's a romantic building whose lines echo those of its natural surroundings, the wooded grounds and nearby Ochil Hills.
But the romance is not just in the architecture. Gean House was a wedding present from the woollen yarn magnate Alexander Forrester-Paton to his son. The love and care that went into every smallest detail is still present in the quiet luxury of the rooms, in the seclusion and tranquillity of the garden and grounds.
Watch Our Video